Finding customers who are the best fit for your business can be difficult. When you’re first starting out, it’s tempting to take on any and every client who comes your way. But that doesn’t always lead to the best working relationships. Entrepreneurs only have so much capacity, and working with the wrong people can cause you to overextend that capacity.
Identifying and investing in your ideal clients pays dividends in the long run. The first step to finding those fantastic partners is to analyze your current client relationships. Here are some questions to get you started:
- Of your current clients, who is an absolute joy to work with?
- When you see a current client’s name on a call or text, do you smile or frown?
- Which clients pay your best rate?
- Which ones pay on time or before the invoice is due?
- Which ones send you high quality referrals?
This is only a small sample of questions that may help you to find your ideal customers. Take time to invest in yourself, be patient, and take on customers who are the best fit for you and your company. If you want to explore this thought process a little deeper, take a look at our blog post on how boundaries are profitable. And as always, feel free to contact us to set up a free discovery session.